Sunday, October 9, 2011

I heart Conference! 10.04.11

Tim is getting baptized!!

This week has been super great! Super stressful, but great!


We taught Tim on Thursday and it was such an amazing lesson!! We were able to commit him to Christ to stop smoking for 24 hours and he has done so well!! He has a serious addiction and I know that this is only the beginning.. but God can help him. "Tim" can do all things through Christ who strengthens him.

We have seen some true progress as Tim has come unto Christ. He doesn't really have a religious background.. but he does have faith in the Savior. I have felt so much love for Tim.... I truly feel like it is a gift that God has given me.

I believe that God blesses his missionaries with spiritual gifts that relate directly to the needs of those that they are teaching. I know that I have seen this more and more with each investigator that I teach.. I have been blessed with some form of gift.. with Christina it was the gift of friendship and love.. with Bailey it was a knowledge of the scriptures.. with Eli it was the gift of tongues.. and with Tim it is true Charity. I pray that with time and with dilligent effort and through obedience that I will be able to continue to have these gifts that I so desperatly need in order to bless the lives of these wonderful people!

I learned so much from conference! I absolutely love President Thomas S. Monson! One thing that I love is that he is so human.. but that he IS a man of God! He truly is a prophet! I really loved the talk by Elaine S. Dalton! I realized that if I want my daughters to have that blessing of having a daddy who will be a guardian of virtue then I better be dating a guardian of virtue! (that is when I get home of course! haha) I also really loved Tad R. Callisters talk about the Book of Mormon!! It was so bold and exactly what I needed to hear!

I learned that I need to be more BOLD.. I need to be more OBEDIENT.. I need to be more LOVING... I need to be MORE!!

This was made manifest to me in the Priesthood session on Saturday night! Yep! I got to go to my first (and probably only) Priesthood Session! It was so awesome!!! I wish I could go all the time! We got to go because Tim went, which I was so grateful for!! Almost all of the answers that I was needing came from that session.. interesting how it was directed toward the Priesthood bretheren.. but that the spirit delivered a message that was specific for me.. which reminds me of a scripture 2 nephi 31:3"For the Lord God giveth light unto the bunderstanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their clanguage, unto their understanding." AMAZING huh??? :D I especially loved Elder Holland's talk! He is so bold but does it with so much love!! I love this quote!

"Satan cannot directly take a life,
that is one of the many things that he cannot do..
but apparently his effort to stop the work will be reasonably well served
if he can just
bind the tongue of the faithful.
Bretheren( and sisters) if that is the case,
I am looking tonight for men( and women)
young and old
who care enough about this battle
between good and evil
to
sign on
and
speak up!
We are at
war! "

Whose ready?? I know I am!! Let's fight this thing!! I was SO pumped after that talk on sunday!! If you haven't listened to it.. go do it right this moment.. there isn't time to wait!!

I am ready to be
BOLD
I am ready to be

OBEDIENT

I am ready to
Love
to
Serve
to
Fight!
Are you?

So what do you say? Let's sign up for this war! Let's give it all we've got for as long as we have to give it and fight until we like Timothy can say:
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

I know this church is the only true church on the face of the earth and that I am doing God's work! I know with all of my heart that I will find those that are prepared to receive this message! I know that I will find the elect. I know that as I am bold, as I love and serve that I will be blessed and that I will bless the lives of those around me! I love this gospel so much!

Sister Christiansen