Well.. We are on week 2 on the Mountain and all is going well. We have had some really awesome experiences lately and I am truly grateful. I know that the Lord has his hand in this work.
This week has been pretty good. Monday was awesome! One of the best birthdays that I have had. Thanks so much for the packages and the love that you have sent me!! I loved them so much! It was a beautiful day! So warm. I even got sunburned! :] Sister Shumway and I went to Chattanooga for the day. We met up with the zone and played ultimate frisbee at the park. it was so much fun to see all of the missionaries!! I love them all so much! The longer I have been out, the more I have come to love my mission family. I haveover 100 siblings! :] When we first got there everyone sang to me and I was super embarrassed. But it was fun. Then we went to lunch at chilli's for lunch and then we went back to the park to play more. We came home and the Hamn's (the family that we are living with) made me dinner for my birthday! They even made me a cake! It was yummy! Over all it was a really good day!
We have been teaching a 12 year old boy named Adam. His mom was baptized in October by sister Nygren and Sister Laulea. She is so awesome. Adam is awesome too and guess what??? He is going to be baptized on Saturday! I am so excited for him to take this next step! :]
Other than that, not much else is new. We have not had any luck finding any new investigators yet, but we are still hopeful.
Sunday we had a really awesome lesson at the Seigel's house(adam). His dad isn't a member and we taught him a quick lesson. We had about 10 people there.(members). It's a cottage meeting.. basically it's an informal first discussion with a bunch of people that he knows and trusts. We had a really good lesson about a talk that Elder Oaks gave at Harvard a while back.It's called Fundamental to our faith. You should click on the link and read it. It's a really good article. It's interesting to see what others think that we believe and to hear an apostle of the Lord testify of what we really believe.
The past couple of weeks I have been studying from Jesus the Christ. It is such an amazing book. I have learned so much about the life of Jesus Christ and abou all of the miracles that he performed. If you haven't read that book, you should! It's a little hard to get into at first, but it gets easier as you get more into it. I think that my favorite chapter so far is the one about why Jesus taught in parables.
I know that Sister Shumway and I are here for a reason. I have learned a lot about just trusting in the Lord. Prov. 3:5 has been going through my head lately. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." I know that He is directin my paths. I know that as I have placed my trust in Him thus far, he has been there every step. I just have to allow Him to keep leading me by the hand. I have to trust that He has a greater understanding than I do.
This work is amazing. I am so grateful to be here. Today is my 8 month mark! Can you believe it? I can't believe that I will be home in less than a year.. What am I doing on this computer? I better get out there and get to work!! Lol
I love you all so much! Be safe. You are in my prayers. And I am so grateful to know that I am in yours as well.
Remember:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths."Prov. 3:5
Love always,
Sister C