Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!! 04.11.11

Thanks so much for all of the love that you have sent me!! I love you all so much! It's almost overwhelming. I am so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life who love me for my crazy self!!


Today is a beautiful spring day! I think Heavenly Father knows just what to send me for my Birthday! Haha! The weather has been so warm here.. And it has gotten really humid.. it makes me nervous for Summer. I think I might melt! Haha. You guys should see my sweet farmers tan! You'd be proud! :]


This week has been really good.. but really hard. It was so hard to say goodbye to the people that I love in Dayton, but I have found comfort in knowing that it's not really goodbye. Those friendships that I have made will last forever! I am so grateful for the people that I have grown to love so much! I didn't know how much I would love Dayton, because it really was one of the hardest areas I have been in. I think that the Lord blessed me with some of the best people that I have ever know to compensate for the hard times I had.


Signal Mountain is beautiful!! It is a very rich area and there isn't one small house on the whole mountain. It makes tracting fun because we get to see some million dollar homes!! We have even knocked on a few multi million dollar homes!! The people here are very nice. They are all very active in their own religions though.. Which makes it hard to get them to listen to the incredible message that we have to share. But all we can do is keep working hard and trusting that we are here for a reason!


We have set a goal of 3 baptisms this transfer... that is the highest I have set on my mission thus far.. But I have prayed and pondered about it and I feel like the Lord is the one that really set the goal.. We went to church on Sunday and we met Sister Seigel. She is a recent convert and her son in now investigating... He is so ready for baptism. He is even practicing with the young men for the Atlanta Temple celebration next month! Did I tell you that the Atlanta temple is being re-dedicated? It's a super big missionary oppurortunity in this area!! I am excited to see what comes from this great blessing. Well Sister Seigel told our Branch Mission Leader on Sunday that her husband watched a session of General Conference and that he really felt the spirit. He even cried... So we are going over there on Tuesday to teach Adam and on Sunday to teach their whole family. I have been praying my whole mission to be able to bring a whole family to the gospel.. and I think that this might be an answer to that prayer. I am starting to see more and more that God really does place us where we are needed.. Even though I don't always see the big picture..


I really loved the talk by Paul Johnson about not seeing the view until you are at the top of the mountain.. God is on the top and he is doing all he can to direct me to where he is... I just have to listen and obey and I will eventually see the view from the top.


I know that this church is Christ's church. I know that He is truly my savior and that he really did live for me.. He died for me so that I can live forever with all of you! I am so grateful to know that families are forever and that we can enjoy the blessings of the temple while we are on the earth. It is a little piece of heaven. So will you guys go for me this month?? I miss going and I can't wait to come home and spend hours in the celestial room!! :]


Thanks again for all of the Birthday wishes. Today we have a zone activity in Chattanooga. We will be playing ultimate frisbee and I am excited to see all of my awesome missionary family! I love you all to the moon and back and I miss about that much too!!


Have a wonderful week and eat some cake for me!!


Sis. C