Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What a wonderful week! 12.28.2010

I decided that I am going to start out some of my e-mails with funny things that have happened to me this week! I love being here and I don't know if I have ever laughed so much in my life!

Favorite quotes of the week!

Sister Stapleton," It sounds like a square." Me, "Oh really? You can hear shapes now?"
"Skid stains on the underpants of society!"-Elder Drysdale
"Stop it! You're tickling my cochlea!" While talking in a giant wrapping paper tube next to Drysdale's ear.


This week has been really great! Christmas was fantastic! It was so good to talk to you! I hadn't really realized how much I miss you guys. I guess that is a huge blessing from the Lord that I haven't been home sick at all. Talking to all of you really helped me want to work even harder.

This week as I told most of you has been really good. We have a baptism coming up on January 7. I am really excited. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us. It is hard because the McCranie's live an hour away from our house, so we aren't able to see them everyday. I'm kinda bummed because we had two appointments set up with them for this week and we had to cancel because of the snow. We got like 7 inches here in Johnson City! Can you believe that! Crazy!!

Anyway.. not much to talk about because I talked to most of you on the phone. Sister Stapleton and I tracted into a woman named Phyllis and we are teaching her again today. We are going to be teaching the Plan of Salvation to three or four people today actually. I am pretty excited! I love teaching the Plan of Salvation. I think that that is the lesson that connects with most people. I was reading in the Book of Mormon the other day about what Alma and Amulek taught while on their mission and they always started with the Plan of Salvation. My testimony has grown so much from studying it and teaching it to others. I have loved seeing people accept it to be true. Like Bailey who knew that she had heard this before and that it just makes sense that it was set up this way!! I am excited to help more people understand that the Gospel of Jesus Christ just makes sense!

Well... I don't really have much else going on. I love you all! Hope you have a fantastically magically delicious week!


Love you mucho!

Sister C