Hello Family!!
As always, it is so good to hear from all of you! This last week has been really good. COLD!! But good. We actually had to stay inside one day because we had an ice storm and we weren't even allowed outside to tract because it was too dangerous. So we made do with weekly planning and study. We were able to go out later that evening because some of the ice had melted, but it was a pretty crazy thing to see! I have never seen so much ice before! Our entire car was covered! The trees looked beautiful though!
We were able to meet with Anton on Saturday. He met us at the church and we played basketball. And by we, I mean they. haha I just don't do sports! ;] We talked to him about the church and we gave him a Book of Mormon. I told him that I wouldn't give him one if he wasn't going to read it, but he promised he would. He also told us that he would come to church.. but he didn't. we are going over there sometime today or tomorrow to beat him up. haha jk..
We were able to teach a part-member family last night. We taught him the restoration and I feel that it went well. The Sheltons are so wonderful! I love them. Charley has a lot of good questions and I am excited to teach him more. We are going golfing with him on Wednesday and we are going to teach him the Plan of Salvation. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said that he would read it. He also said that he would pray about what we taught him.
Life is wonderful other than that. Not too much to report this week. I am excited to talk to you on Saturday! I am so grateful that I haven't been too home sick. It's such a blessing that when you get to work, you have the promise that your mind and your heart will be too full to worry about home. I think about you often, but my mind is focused on the work at hand. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and daily that desire to share what I know to be true grows. I love this gospel. I am reading Our Search For Happiness by M. Russell Ballard and I am learning so much. I encourage you to read it if you haven't already. If you have, share it with a non member friend. That is really all that I want this Christmas is to share the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for that knowledge! I pray that everyone will be able to feel the healing power of the atonement and experience the sweet peace that comes from living the gospel. I love you all and I will talk to you soon!!
Sister C