Hello!!
Happy Monday!!! I love Monday's because it always feels like a holiday! As a missionary, you don't get holidays off, so Monday's are pretty much it. Today we are going to go bowling as a District! The Greeneville sisters are coming and staying the night because we have Zone Conference tomorrow and then we are doing our exchange from Tuesday night to Wednesday night. I get to stay in this area and I get to be the Driver, so I am pretty excited. Haha! Also today, we are actually giving up some of our day off to teach B!!
B is so awesome! We have had great lessons with her and she continues to have so many good questions. She has asked us all sorts of things like: What is the Relief Society? What is the difference between a high priest, bishop, 70 etc.. She continues to amaze me with her questions and her desire to learn. We extended the invitation to be baptized on November 27, but she said that she wasn't ready yet. We are going to teach her about temples and priesthood and auxiliaries today. I am excited to see her continue to grow.
We were able to see Christina for a little while yesterday. We went to dinner at the Jones' house again. I just love their family!! They do a family dinner once a month that has a theme. Last month was Fall Food. This month it was Oriental. It was so much fun to see all of the decorations and the food was so good!! We couldn't stay for very long because we had to go to Kingsport for a baptism. We had to take the baptismal clothes to the Elder that was baptizing. I was really sad to leave because we only got to talk to Christina for a few minutes, but we needed to help the Elders out. Christina is doing well. She is still just hanging in there. She is such a strong woman with so much faith in the restored gospel! I feel so lucky to know her.
We were able to teach Cami Smith this week and her family has set a tentative baptism date for November 20. We pray that all will go through. The other day at church, Brother Smith told me that Cami was going to be my first convert baptism! I am excited! :)
The work in our whole district has been picking up! We are on fire!! The Greeneville Sisters have 3 baptisms this month, the Johnson City Elders have 2 baptismal committments, we have one and we are going to have another one by the end of the month!!**Cross your finger**
Life is so good! It is getting cold here. We actually had snow on Saturday!! It snowed a lot actually! I can't believe that winter is right around the corner! We have all of our cute fall decorations up in our apartment! It feels so cozy! Last night we drank hot chocolate and played Rummi-cube.
Life is so good! I have felt your prayers so much lately and I continue to grow so much while I am here. I have learned to really rely on the Savior and I know that this really is His church! I was reading in D&C 20 about the divinity and proof of the Book of Mormon, it really is so true!! I am so greatful that God continues to speak today through His prophet! Last week was the Primary program and it was so awesome to see the faith of the children saying that they know that their Savior lives. The best part was when the little kids(sunbeams) started to sing I Know That My Redeemer Lives!! I felt to spirit so strongly! They are so amazing! I too know that my Redeemer lives and that He is real. I pray that I will know him better and that I will be able to help many people know him better too.
I love you all so much!! I am truly so so grateful for you!! You are the best!
Have a wonderful week!
Happy Veterans Day!
Sister C
P.S. I forgot to mention that Sister McLelland, Elder Jarman, Elder Drysdale, Sister Furniss, Sister Jewer, Sister Roesberry and me are all doing a musical number tomorrow for Zone Conference.. We are singing As Zions Youth in Latter Days to the tune of Abide With Me Tis Even Tide. It is going to be beautiful! :]