Hello family!
I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing so well! I am happy and life truly is great! The weeks are finally starting to go by more quickly. For a while there I thought that time couldn't possibly pass by any slower. I do love it here! The people are different, and the culture is different, but I do love it here.There are days that are hard, but there are days that I have so much fun and I enjoy it here so much. Tennesse this time of year is beautiful! I love watching all of the trees change a little bit more every day! My companion and I are excited for the leaves to change just a little more so that we can send some pictures of them home.
Yesterday, we ate dinner at a members house. The drive over there was so beautiful. I honestly felt so much peace yesterday. Church was great! We have been having a battle with the ward counsel. It's really hard to get them to help us. I don't know if you are familiar with what the 15 families are, the EQP, RSP, and High Priest Group Leaders are each supposed to choose 5 families(less active or part member), set specific ordinance based goals, invite them to take the discussions from us and then set up a time for us to come over.. Well it hasn't exactly worked out that way yet, but yesterday we finally started to see some progress. We have gained a great relationship with the Young Women, the Primary and the Relief Society. We also had a lot of help from the EQP in our meeting. It was a HUGE weight lifted off our shoulders. I never realized how much we as members of the church need to help the missionaries. Did you know that it isn't the missionaries job to be finding people. It is the members job. I have said this and I will forever say it but TRACTING is NOT EFFECTIVE. The success of the missionaries really depends on the help from the members. I knew that before I came on my mission, but it has hit every fiber of my being. I know that this work will not succeed without the members involvment. EVERY MEMBER A MISSIONARY. It's so true!! We are under covenant to share what we know. And I feel so sad that I didn't do better when I was at home. But I am determined to do my best when I get home to be a better member missionary. So that is my plea this week. Please pray and earnestly seek help from our loving Heavenly Father in finding someone that you know that you could have the missionaries teach. Pray for experiences to share the gospel in everyday situations. It really does make a difference. Even if you don't see a result, you have shared what you know and the Lord will bless you. He is bound when we keep our covenants. All blessings are predicated on our obeying the laws.. which includes sharing the gospel.
I am so grateful for all of you!!! You have no idea how much I love you and I have felt so much strenght in times that I don't know if I can keep going. There have been some really tough times out here and I have wondered why I am here and if I am even making any difference. I know that it is because of all of your love and support that I am able to look out and see all that I have and it helps me keep going! I love you all more that you will ever know! I am so grateful for your love and prayers and I contuniue to pray for you all as well.
God really is so interested in our lives. He really does want to know what we desire and he really does desire to bless us when we keep His commandments. I know that the Atonement is not only for our sins, but for our sorrows too. The atonement has saved me not only from spiritual death, but from physical death as well. Last summer when I was sick and I almost died, I know without a doubt that the Savior was very aware of me. I could feel Him so close to me. And I know that He saved me becuase He needed me to be here. I am trying my best to live the way that He would. To be a living witness of Him in every act. It can be hard sometimes, but I know that with His help all things are possible. I know that whatever He touches lives. He has touched my life and I now live. I promise you that if you seek Him, if you let Him touch your life, you too will live. You will live!!! You will have peace. I am so grateful for this gospel and I truly am so grateful for that true peace that only comes from living the gospel. Christ is real! He really lives! He really loves each of us and is closer to this work than we even know. I am so excited to see him again and I pray that I will be able to look up when he comes and that I will know that I did all I could do. That is my prayer for each of you. I love you.
God bless!!
Sister C