Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like october...? 12.05.11

12/5/11

Haha! yep! The weather here has been fantastic! Today it was in the high 60's and I am loving every minute of it!! Much much warmer than last winter that's for sure. i don't know how long it will last though!

The time is going by so quickly. I can't believe that another week has already come and gone. This last one was a pretty ok one though.

Last Monday we went up to Ringgold to hang out with Elder Bell and Elder Manoa. They are both from California and they are both so cool! We just love them bunches! Then Monday night we had an FHE at Sister Beasley's house. We had Kris and Brandy there and they are doing so well. Brandy is really excited to start coming out on team ups with us.

Tuesday, Sister Miner wasn't feeling well so we were in the house that day. I got some studying done and I also got to exercise and clean the house and make phone calls. Then we went out for a little bit that evening. We had a dinner appointment in Dalton with the Hasty family. They are a younger couple who just moved back here. They are super fun and we got to know their dad, who is less active. He actually lives in Ringgold and so we were able to give the Ringgold Elders his info. Hopefully they will be able to help him come back.

Wednesday we went and tried to recontact some old investigators.. but we didn't have too much luck... we are in a rut for the moment but we are working to get out of it. As much as I am sad that transfers are next week.. i think that we are both ready for a little change. Transfers always get you pumped. Even though it is always hard to say goodbye. i don't know what will happen this transfer. President said last week in our interview that I could either stay in Chatsworth for the rest of my mission or I could have one more area. I told him that I wanted to stay in Chatsworth until I "die"(go home).. but we will see what happens.

Thursday we did the usual weekly planning thing, we had a few appointments cancel on us.. Bummer! But we did get to have an .. um.. interesting experience teaching a members friend. He is from way down south and has a thick accent.. I couldn't understand 90% of what he was saying.. but we were praying so hard for the gift of discernment to know what we should say. It was a pretty ok lesson. I think that this man has a lot of potential but I think that he has a long way to go before he gets to where he wants to be.

Friday we had district meeting and then we went to say goodbye to Sister Heitman. She was here for medical treatment and now she is back in Oregan. She has been such a huge asset to all of us missionaries here. She is such a good example of what a missionary should be. She shares the gospel with everyone. Because of her, the scrivers are now baptized and working on going to the temple. And kris and brandy! She is so awesome. We are all really gonna miss her.

Saturday we went to the Relief Society President's house for their Christmas Brunch. it was fun getting to know some of the sisters better and we hope that they will want to start coming out with us more. The ward here is really great! We went to see Louise with Keyaundra and it went ok. Louise is 68 and she is kinda stuck in her ways, but she wants to know.. she just won't come to church.. it's hard. Cause we know that she will never really know until she actually comes to church. I pray that she will get there and that we will be able to help her receive her answer. We also went to go see a lady that we met last week her name is Gladys. It made me miss grandma. Who knows maybe Grandma Elaine is working on Gladys? That would be cool. we just love her! She is the sweetest little ol lady ever! I hope that she will one day be able to accept the gospel and recieve the fullness of the gospel! Then after that we went to Granny Burnes house with Christopher and Keyaundra! I absolutely love Granny Burnes! She is the spunkiest cutest little old woman with the biggest heart. I have gained a lot of grandparents since I have been here. i am really going to miss them and I pray that someday when I come back to visit the mission that they will still be here! If not, we will be reunited in Heaven and we will have so much fun! I can just imagine Granny Burnes in her new resurrected body! We would be the best of friends!

Sunday was a wonderful day! Did y'all watch the Christmas Devotional? Wasn't it So good? I love it every year! I loved the video that they showed! It was a beautiful video! I'm anxious to start telling people about it and having them go to the website to watch it. The website is such a good missionary too!! I love it!

Today we went up to ooltewah for the Zone Activity! It was so much fun! Probably the funnest Zone activity that I have been to on my mission. We played mission impossible( which is basically like a really intense version of steal the flag! It was so fun! They we played a huge game of signs! I just love all of my mission family so much!

Well I hope y'all survived the crazy weather! I have heard lots of stories about it from members! I am glad that everyone is doing okay. Anyway.. I love you all! Can't wait to talk to you in a few weeks!

love, sister c