Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Heart The Book of Mormon!

I Heart The Book of Mormon!
Seriously I never knew that I could love a book so much! I love the Book of Mormon with all of my heart and soul and I am so grateful to be able to share it with others. As I have been reading the Book of Mormon, I have learned so much about God's love for us... for me. I know that that book is not just another book to be put on the shelf and forgotten. It is a Book of holy scripture that should be used every day of our lives. I love it!

Well, this past week has been good. We had a super busy p-day last week so this p-day I am excited to just relax and take it a little slower. We were able to teach Beau and Roxanne. And roxanne came to church this week! Beau had to work, but he will be coming next week. Roxanne even got up and bore her testimony of how she knows that this church is true. I loved every minute of it! I love hearing the testimonies of others.

A boy in the Dalton ward just got his mission call to the Leeds England mission and so the testimony meeting was very much centered around missions.. I have reflected on my mission a whole lot lately and I know that I needed to come. I have learned things that I could not have learned any other way.. I have grown so much and I have learned so much about myself. I am so beyond grateful for all of the sacrifice that y'all have made to keep me here and I am so grateful for all the blessings that all of us have recieved.

I wanted to share a scripture with you that may not have stood out to you before. Most people are familiar with Alma 7:11-13 that talks about the Atonement and how Christ suffered all things for us.. but they forget one of the most beautiful verses that I have found:
15.Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism.


I love this verse because it is my purpose. To invite people to come unto Christ and to become like him. I have to tell myself everyday to continue to come and make the choices that I need to to be able to receive the holy ghost and be clean. It's not easy... but it is possible. I know that if we do this, we will be blessed and that sometimes it takes more than one time.. sometimes we have to lay aside the same sin over and over until we are fully able to let go.. but that's the beauty of repentance.. it's as often as we seek forgiveness with REAL INTENT. If we are really trying to let that sin go, God will help us. I know it because I have done it.

The Chuch is true. I know it. You know it. Not let's go help others know it.

I invite you to invite your friends, your family, everyone one that you know to come unto Christ and be made whole. It doesn't matter if it is for the first time that they are coming or the 50th time.. just COME!

Love y'all! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Love Shaylyn aka Sister Christiansen