Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 18, 2011 Happy 11 months!!!

July 18, 2011

Happy 11 months!!!

Wow can you believe it??!! 'Cause I sure can't! It's gone by so so fast!

Life here is so good.. just hard! As you probably already know.. I have been struggling with the everyday things for a while.. It's really hard to do the same thing day in and day out... especially when you don't see any immediate success... But I have talked to President Irion about it a lot recently and he has helped me a lot.. He told me it's totally normal to hit the brick wall sometimes.. it's just a matter of climbing over it and not letting that stop us. In sacrament meeting yesterday I had such a sweet feeling of peace. I could feel God's love for me and I know that everything will work out.. I just have to keep going.

In PEC meeting yesterday Bishop Smith shared a scripture that really helped me.. and then in Sacrament I kept reading in the chapter and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear.. God really does speak to us through the scriptures! Bishop shared 2 Cor 4:8-9 Then I kept reading and I loved verses 17 and 18 as well
8.We are atroubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in bdespair; 9. aPersecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not bdestroyed;
17. For our light aaffliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and beternal cweight of glory; While we look not at the things which are aseen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not bseen are ceternal.

"Light affliction!!" This coming from a man that was writing from prison... that had been beaten and persecuted more than I could ever Imagine.. this from a man that watched as one of his closest friends, and master died for him.. If that is "light affliction" then what am I complaining about?!?!?!?!?

This gospel brings so much hope and peace into my life! I love it so much! I am an infant in my knowledge of God's plan for me and I am amazed at how much he continually teaches me. I just have to let you know again how much I love being a missionary.. as hard and as crazy as it is.. it is SO worth every moment. I will be so sad to go home in 7 months. But I am realizing more and more that I will forever be a missionary... I think that missionary work runs through my veins!!

Today we have a bi-zone activity in Knoxville and I am so excited to see everyone! It's like a big family reunion every time we get together!! So fun!!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week full of missionary experiences too!! I love you all so much! Thanks for your love and support!!

love always,

Sister Christingle

P.S. Christingle comes from Elder Jarman waaaaaay back in the J.C. (Johnson City).. I don't know where he got it from but that's what everyone calls me :)