Saturday, June 4, 2011

Belated Email. 06.01.11

Sorry I'm a little late emailing this week. With the Memorial Day Holiday on Monday and my companion having minor toe surgery yesterday, we just weren't able to do it any sooner. So no need to worry! All is well in Knoxville.

Severe storms? It's been ridiculously hot the last couple of days(It's 94 degrees today!!! AHHH!), but no rain at all.. in fact not really even the threat of rain..

I can't believe you guys got snow in Utah!!! What? That is insane.. these really are the last days huh? I am just worried about what the weather will be like this summer if it is already this hot here... I think I might melt. Hopefully it will cool down a little so that we can get out and tract and not melt our faces off.

This week was good! Monday we just chilled in Knoxville and got stuff done. Tuesday we went to institute! I loved it. We were talking about the bible and where it came from, who compiled the books, who decided what would go in it.. It was very cool. I learned a lot. Thursday we had our weekly planning session with Sister Griffin. That was pretty cool! She was just teaching us how to plan better. i learned a lot and am trying to apply what she taught. Friday we had District meeting in Severiville. Yes, that is the home of the famous Dolly Parton.(too bad she is anti.) We had dinner at a members house and it was fun. Saturday we had missionary correlation meeting with the ward. Then we had an awesome appointment with a member's sister. Amy just had heart surgery and she is very humble and teachable right now. We were able to share part of the message of the restoration and we talked a lot about the need to be humble and have an open heart and to listen to what our loving Heavenly Father is trying to teach us. That night we had a cook out with some of the members in the ward. It was so much fun!! We played a little football, ate some hamburgers and s'mores and roasted starbursts!! It was a great way to celebrate life and to have Josh meet some more members of the ward. Josh got baptized and confirmed on Sunday and it went really well!! That kid is so awesome!! I am so happy for him!

Like I said, Sister Harmon had minor toe surgery. She had an ingrown toenail removed and she had it permanently fixed.. I hope this helps so that she doesn't get them anymore. So the last couple of days we have been just taking it easy so that Sister Harmon can heal. It's been good though because we have been able to have a lot of heart to hearts and I am so grateful that she is my companion!! I learn so much from her and I know that we were meant to be friends! I can't believe that she goes home in 21 days.. That's ok. I'm sure that her family is excited to see her!

Well other than that, not much else is going on. We are in the finding stages of the missionary work.. please pray that we will find people to teach and that we will be able to see success here in South Knoxville.

I love you all so much!! Have a wonderful week!