Monday, January 10, 2011

Well.. It looks like I'm leaving Watauga..1.10.11

Yep. I got the transfer call on Saturday. I will be leaving Watauga on Wednesday. I won't find out where I go until I get to transfers.... I have so many mixed emotions about leaving... I have really grown to love the people that are here. It's always hard to say goodbye.. but I know that I will be able to keep in touch via letters and email, so that helps a little. I know without a doubt that I am needed in another area. I have learned so much while serving here!! I know that I was sent here specifically by our Heavenly Father for very specific people. Christina, B, Cami, Sylvia, Charley, Anton, Sister McLelland, Sister Stapleton, TaraLyn Jones... and many others.. I know that the Lord has prepared my specifically to be able to connect with these people in a way that others might not have been able too. I am so grateful to be serving here, now... rather than a year ago or a year from now. I love it here!

This week has been so good! Sister Stapleton and I have been working so hard on finding people and working closely with our ward members to help bring others to a knowledge of the gospel. I have LOVED serving with her and I am so grateful for our friendship! I have needed her to help me find myself as a missionary. It's been such a wonderful experience!

This week we went tracting with two young women in the ward. Taylor Stephens & TaraLyn Jones. It was so much fun! I seriously love those girls so much! We have these new pass along cards that are for mormon.org and you can write a little not in it... so we were trying to find fun sayings or quotes that would catch peoples attention and help them know that we aren't wierdo people who only go to church.. and only wear long skirts.. and never cut our hair.. and many other crazy things. My favorite one that Taylor did was..

"Hi!
I'm Taylor!

I only have one mommy.
I wear pants
I cut my hear
I drink Coca-cola
and.... I'm a mormon!"

I loved it.. she is so funny!

So good news!!! We have another baptismal commitment!! Her name is Phyllis! We met her last week tracting and she is preparing to be baptized on Feb 5. I have loved getting to know her! She is so funny... she is slightly wierd, but that is one of the many things that I love about her! I will have to send you the funny pictures of us with scarfs on our heads!! haha! She is a hoot! I am sad that I won't be able to see her be baptized, but I am happy that she will be baptized and to me, that's all that matters. I feel the same way about Christina. I am sad that she will be baptized after I leave, but as long as she is baptized, that is all that matters. I had a hard time telling her that I am leaving and it was even harder to listen to her say that no one will ever compare to me and that she loves me like her own daughter. She was crying so hard!! My poor little ticker almost broke right in half! I am gonna miss her so much! But like I said, I know that I am needed somewhere else... and that is enough for me to go on faith that everything will be ok.

We also had to push Sylvia McCranies baptism back to Feb 5th because President said that she needs to have an interview with her bishop before she gets baptized and because of bad weather, they haven't been able to come to church yet. I pray that the weather will let up for a few weeks so that she can come to church and so that we can get up there to teach her. It is a really long drive and there are some pretty windy roads..It took us almost 2 hours to get home the other daybecause of the snow.

Speaking of snow!! I feel like I am in Utah.. only WAY MORE COLD! We have had snow most every day this week. We got about 4 inches this morning and it is still falling.. So the library is closed and we are e-mailing at the hospital. It's kinda wierd, but I am grateful that we have somewhere that we can go to email. I especially wanted to let you all know that I will be leaving so that you wouldn't find out next week when I had already left. So if you happen to send any mail(hint. hint) send it to the mission home for now!

Anyway.. today we are trying to find something fun to do since almost everywhere is closed... Hopefully we will be able to do something fun for my last p-day here. Edler Drysdale is leaving too. It's wierd because we have served together my whole mission.. I am gonna be really sad to not see him all the time.

Well. I better go. I love you all so much! Talk to you next week!

Sister C