Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Saturday...which feels a lot like Monday! Haha 12.06.10

Well, Today is my P-day. I feel like no one can make up their mind on what day to have it... haha Jk. There is just going to be a leadership training next Monday -Thursday in Kingsport, so my new companion will be there and I will be in Greeneville again!


So... As for my new companion....




I LOVE HER!!!

She is honestly such an awesome person and such a hard worker! I am so excited to get out there and work my tushy off!! She is the most energetic person! She is from Southern Oregon. She's been out almost a year. I just love her! We went tracting our first two days together and we have already seen some success. We have a few potential investigators and we have 2 return appointments for next week! I am so excited to get the work moving in this area! I think that this is just what I needed to get my focus back and to get my energy for missionary work fired up! I kinda lost some of that when I was sick... ANyway.. Last night we went to a Christmas Parade in downtown Johnson City. It was so fun. We tryed to OYM, but it didn't really work out so well so we decided to get gelato with the elders to celebrate P-day Eve! Well on our way back to our car, we talked to this guy and gave him a pass along card. He seemed really cool! I really hope that he order the Book of Mormon!

So B's baptism was fantastic!! It went so well! It was such a great experience to be able to see her make those covenants with her Heavenly Father! She truly is such a wonderful woman! I loved seeing her so happy! It has been so amazing to be able to be a part of some one elses conversion. I have experienced my own and I know how sweet that feeling was. Now, I get to experience it all over again with the people that I am teaching!

Life is so good here! I am so happy to be doing the Lord's work! It's fantastic!

So I figured since I didn't have much else to say this week that I would talk a little bit about my area. I am serving in the Wataga Area. It covers Johnson City, Elizabethton, Gray, Watauga, Roan Mountain, Erwin and Unicoi. Our area is really big, so it is really hard to cover that much space because of milaege limits. We only have 1100 miles in a month. So we rely a lot on our members to go with us to appointments. I live in Johnson City. Right next to the projects. Don't worry, It's not as shady as it first seems. Yes, there are some crazy people, and yes I may have seen a drug deal last week... But it's really a pretty ok neighborhood. I have never once felt unsafe while I have been out walking around. So that is good! Our apartment is really nice. It's a fairly good sized apartment with a washer and dryer in the unit! Which is a HUGE blessing! We live about 3-5 miles away from the church. We have a lot to do here. There are all sorts of things. Today we are having an un-official zone activity. We are all going to this place called the Fun Expedition. It is an indoor mini golf/ bowling/ rock wall/ pretty much anything you want to do place in downtown JC. I am excited!

Well I love you all! I got the Christmas packages that you all sent me! They are all sitting under our christmas tree! I am so excited to open them! I feel like a little kid! haha! I am also super excited to be able to talk to you!! Speaking of which, will you please let me know what the best phone number is to call you on and the best time to call so that I can talk to as many of you as possible. Is the family going to be at the house? Are you meeting up? I can't call all the siblings individually, but I do want to talk to them. So can you make that happen somehow? HAHA!

Well I love you all a ton! I hope that you have a fantastic day!!

P.S. It's snowing... I guess I am getting a little taste of home today!

Always

Sister Shaylyn