Guess what? It is yet another rainy Monday here in TN. It seems to be a common theme here. This morning was pretty bad. The wind was blowing really hard and we actually saw a tree by our apartment blow down. Crazy, huh?
This week has been really good... hard, but good. Monday we played Volleyball and went to an awesome park in Johnson City. Then I went on an exchange to Greenville with Sister Furniss. Tuesday Sister Furniss and I went tracting and we tracted a street that some sisters had just tracted a few months ago.. needless to say, that did not go over very well. But that's ok.. still gotta do the work. We taught a man named Gary. It went really well. He is in his 50's and he is really intelligent. We watched The Restoration DVD with him and he seemed to really understand. We soft committed him to be baptized and he said yes!!! I love Greenville a lot and I hope that I will be able to serve there in the future!
Friday we had district meeting in Greenville and then we blitzed their area. I was able to go and teach Gary again!!! We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he said that he would pray about a date to be baptized. I am so excited for him! He is so great! Friday night Jim was baptized!! It was such a spiritual experience! Sister McLelland and I were able to sing "I know that my Redeemer Lives" and people said that it was beautiful! I love to sing, but I just get SO SO nervous. I had been praying for weeks that it would sound well and that people would be able to feel the spirit as we sang. Jim's daughter Belle and her boyfriend Dave were there as well as Jim's girlfriend Annie. They all felt the spirit and I know that they will be baptized at some point too! I could see it! I am so excited to see the change in them!
Saturday all of the missionaries in our district came and blitzed our area and we found 7 new investigators, taught 15 other lessons and we had a really successful day!! It is so good to see Watauga starting to pick up. There is a lot of work to be done this week and I am excited to see all the progress!!
Sunday we had a lot of good news! Brother Smith told us that we need to start teaching Kami, his 10 year old daughter that hasn't been baptized. We were depating on wether or not to drop Kami because we haven't been able to teach her at all for over 4 months. But we have an appointment with them on the 3rd so that's great! Also we are going to teach Alanah tomorrow and we should be able to start teaching Kristina again on Wednesday. Brother Jones told us that she will be moving out on Wednesday and that she is going to start with legal seperation. I am sad to see this happen but I am glad that Kristina is getting out of an abusive situation!
I started reading Jesus the Christ and it is so amazing! I am so grateful for the Savior and for all the He has done for me! I continue to mark my Book of Mormon and I have learned so much from this time reading it. I love this book!!! Sorry this is short. Not much to say other than I love you and thank you for your support!!!
Sister Shaylyn